Start Date: June '20
Join one of Richmond's fastest growing companies as a Porter for our managed facilities. We are looking for a self-starter, problem-solver to assist with installations, repairs and upkeep. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of basic plumbing and electrical systems, as well as general landscaping and groundskeeping responsibilities. Must be able to work independently and in team settings and take action without instruction when maintenance issues arise.
- Maintain parking facilities to ensure a safe and clean environment for our customers. Tasks include sweeping, dusting, can liner replacement, standing water removal, cleaning of railings and other surfaces, and generally being proactive about showing highest of standards.
- Install signage as needed.
- Perform light maintenance, such as painting or graffiti removal.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Monitor needed inventory and request material orders when necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude at all times, especially when responding to requests for service and assistance.
- Must be able to adapt to changes, delays, and unexpected events.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgement.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of job including working for long stretches of standing and/or walking; able to lift 50 pounds; and perform tasks, such as shoveling snow.
- High School Diploma or a combination of experience and education required.
- Must have acceptable DMV record.